Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week 11: September 30th 2013

Nic's First baptism as a missionary: Jonathan
well the names are Leonardo (dad) Irma (mom) Jonathan (son) and the girls names i don't know. we don't really see them much and you know how good i am with names! that was Elder Tingey he is one of the 4 other elders in the Spanish branch. ya so here is this story well  I had the privilege of baptizing and confirming this boy. When we asked if he would be baptized he said yes and because his father was baptized by my companion the week before, I think somewhat he felt obligated to choose me to baptize him but at the same time he didn't show like that was how it was. he was super excited and so was I!!! it was a bit different in Spanish and I almost forgot it, so i took a second and just prayed in the water and it just came to me and it went great! then after everything and eating this cake that i made he came up and said "so my dad was wondering who would be doing the thing tomorrow?" and we said  "whoever you want" He instantly he said me! and i was just terrified, a baptism was easy because its the same every time but a confirmation? so i tried to tell him that i wasn't too good at Spanish but he just persisted. Until the confirmation the next day i was just praying and praying that the lord would help me and that i would be able to say it all in Spanish. I was so nervous, but i went up there and it went great! I was amazed that i could do the whole thing in Spanish and it wasn't like really quick and done, it was great! I was so glad that he gave me the opportunity to try my faith, because when i did i was surprised at what i could do, and what the lord could help me do when i didn't think i could. Im looking forward to conference tambien!!!!
Ether 12:27 stay strong!!!
Love Elder Park 



Week 10: September 23, 2013

Yeah I’m pretty excited with all that happened. At the baptism a member wasn't able to come so I had to give a talk. And of course completely in Spanish. I was nervous at first but I got a couple little sentences I could say that I didn't know how to say on a little post it note, and I had a few scriptures. When I was up there everything seemed to just make sense and I felt like he was getting it. Later Elder Corbin said “that was the best Spanish I have ever heard you say" that made me so happy! I am getting so much better at pronouncing and reading. I’m even starting to understand the scriptures. They used to make no sense because in them they use a tense that no one ever says unless they are from Spain. So I never hear that used. But everything is starting to make so much more sense than it used to. It’s still really hard to speak but it’s getting easier every day. With a lot of common things and gospel things, I don’t have to translate what they said into English; I just know and understand them in Spanish so that’s really great. So the son of the man that got baptized is going to be baptized this next Saturday and he even asked me if I would do the baptism, IM SO EXCITED!!!!!  I know that as you continually strive to read and pray that the lord will bless you and the family will get so much closer!
Well Thanks for the package!! I'm excited to get it. I love the letters that y'all send. Its nice hearing about your day to day stuff that happens. Ues skittles or M&Ms!!! I'm so excited for conference too!!! Make sure that this time as a family y'all watch as many sessions together as you can. I know that as you do you will be blessed and it will just be great! I love y'all so much and tell everyone I say hi!!! Read 3 nephi 15:9 too it's a good one! 
Elder Park

Nic's First investigator to get baptized
 Elder Corbin, Leonardo and nic



No comments:

Post a Comment