Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 9: September 16, 2013


Well thanks for the pic of the temple it looks great! And wow the room looks amazing!!! But I am kind of disappointed that there are no more trucks and tractors on the wall. hahhahaha. Oh my golly I wish I could see a mountain right now. It is impossible to tell directions without mountains.
This is from another email. It’s being difficult today so bear with me. Thanks cuz I’m dying to buy a GPS, there is no sense of coordination with these streets!!! They change into different ones and end and then start up again somewhere else its insane! Thanks! Don’t take the mountains for granted! They are so beautiful! I look at emails at a literary center down the street a ways. It’s not too far. We actually aren’t allowed to get on members computers I’m pretty sure. we do get on Facebook at the library however, well just my companion because he is district leader and has been trying it out, I’m pretty sure I’ll be allowed to get on later this week but idk for sure.
So yesterday one of our investigators had his baptismal interview and is going to get baptized this Saturday and then his son hopefully the Sunday after that. He is a great man and we are super excited! I can’t wait for my first baptism this Saturday! Elder Corbin is doing the baptism but I don’t care because all that matters is that he is being baptized. Seeing someone change their life is amazing, the people are truly inspiring.

a few days ago we were teaching and Elder Corbin opened his scriptures and started looking for something, I had no idea what but I just started looking through mine as well, I just thought of the scripture that says "wickedness never was happiness" and I honestly had no idea where it was and for some reason I just started looking in Alma 41 I have no idea why I just felt like I should look in that chapter. And then I got to verse 10 and read "No vayas a suponer, porque se ha hablado concerniente a la restauracíon, que serás restaurado del pecado a la felicidad. He aquí, te digo que la maldad nunca fue felcidad."  and I was just so happy because I had found it, my companion was looking in the index and I ask him what are you looking for and he said the one that says wickedness never was happiness and I just said I have it right here. It was so amazing to see how the spirit guided me to that scripture. I didn’t know where it was but the spirit did and it guided me there. As missionaries we are promised so many blessings and I got to be a witness of one of them! Well love y'all and miss ya. Elder Park 

No comments:

Post a Comment